We are doing a Steampunk Blog Hop hosted by the fabulous Cathy Frailey!
We have so many talented artists lined up for you guys! And lots of prizes!!! Oh yeah, you heard that right!
You should be coming from
Ink Stained Roni's blog post. If not then scroll down and check out the line up of artists and start from the beginning(don't worry, I'm only #3 on the list...so you arent that far behind if you did get lost or are coming from somewhere else!)
For this blog hop I created at 12"x14" Steampunk canvas featuring Stamperia's SeaWorld Moulds! I used that insanely awesome octopus diver as well as the starfish and the mechanical fish! I used modeling clay in my mould to create the pieces I used for the canvas. I also used some of the paper collection for this piece as well.
I used texture paste through a stencil to add interest to the background. Then i used lots of different Tattered Angels, Tim Holtz and handmade sprays to create such a grunge type deal for the entire background. For the focal image I used a wooden ship wheel, some of the paper collection, fishnet, buttons, screws, Metal things and of course that fabulous octopus diver.
To finish off this piece I went back in and added an array of Finnabair Wax to all my clay pieces, parts of the background and metal pieces. Really made the whole project that much better!
I absolutely love the way this canvas turned out! Very grungy! Also very fitting for the awesome theme for this blog hop! Dont you just love that octopus diver? I know I do! I can't wait to use him in more future projects!
So for this blog hop we have amazingly talented artists, sponsors and did I mention PRIZES! Who doesn't love a good prize right?
Artist Line Up:
Its Oddly Appealing
Ink Stained Roni YOU JUST LEFT HERE
Electric Pandemonium⬅⭐YOU ARE HERE⭐
Crafts From The Fairy Den NEXT
Nellys Artistic Creations
Cassandra - Scrap Savvy Creations
Monica Longard - MonDo Creations
Amy Love's Designs
Michelle Lafave Garrison
Empire of the Cat
In Search of my Creative Side
The Journey is the Start
Juli Loves Paper
We have 16 prize sponsors for our Steampunk Hop - we're proud to say these are small businesses run by artists. Let's show them some love!
1) A Vintage Girl - $20 prize package
2) Angel Dream Crafts - $20 gift certificate (shipping not included)
3) Linda Israel Art - $50 gift certificate (shipping not included)
4) A Matter of Crafts - $20 gift certificate (shipping not included)
5) Expressions Craft - $25 gift certificate (shipping not included)
6) Nellys Artistic Creations - original artwork (see link for examples of her work)
7) Gecko Galz - $25 in digital products
8) Creative Embellishments - $50 (shipping not included)
9) Emerald Creek - $25 gift certificate
10) Electric Pandemonium - choose a $45 original artwork piece (shipping not included)
11) Thompson's Craft Supplies £20 (approx $25) (shipping not included)
12) It's Oddly Appealing - original artwork (see link for examples of her work)
13) The Funkie Junkie Boutique - $25 gift certificate
14) Hobbilicious - £15 (approx $19) (UK shipping free)
15) ITD -prize package worth £25
16) Stamperia - a pizza box prize pack
To have a chance of winning one of the 16 coveted prizes, leave a comment on this post, along with your email address or social media contact (IG, FB, etc) and what country you're from, from now through Monday, 22 June. Sixteen winners will be picked randomly from all comments left from all of the artist's participating! The winners will be contacted via email/social media so it's important you leave your address/social media contact! Good luck and enjoy the hop!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my post! I know it was a long one but I hope you enjoyed it!
You can find me on these social media links:
My Etsy Store